Yan told Fox News in an exclusive interview that she believes the Chinese government knew about the novel coronavirus well before it claimed it did. She says her supervisors, renowned as some of the top experts in the field, also ignored research she was doing at the onset of the pandemic that she believes could have saved lives.

She adds that they likely had an obligation to tell the world, given their status as a World Health Organization reference laboratory specializing in influenza viruses and pandemics, especially as the virus began spreading in the early days of 2020.

Yan, now in hiding, claims the government in the country where she was born is trying to shred her reputation and accuses government goons of choreographing a cyber-attack against her in hopes of keeping her quiet. Read Fox News Interview

According to Dr. Yan’s timeline, it took China 21 days to admit that human-to-human transfer was occurring. She said she worked at the University/WHO reference lab and was asked by her boss to investigate the reports of family clusters of the virus coming from mainland China. She reported her findings back to her boss, and neither he nor the co-founder of the lab did not do anything about it.

12-31 — her doctor and CDC peers in China told her there were family clusters of the virus – which meant the disease was spreading from human-to-human. When the group of doctors was asked if anyone could share about the virus in China they said don’t ask because it was too sensitive, but we need to wear masks. 

1-9 and 1-14 — WHO put out public statements denying that human-to-human transfer was possible.

1-16 — Dr. Yan was asked to contact her peers in China because of lack of information from the government. She found that human-to human transfer had become worse, that many infected people weren’t getting diagnosed and treated, and that there was no protection.

1-20 — President Xi of China announces that this is an infectious disease being transmitted between humans on the same level as SARS.

1-23 — Wuhan China was placed on lock down.